13:05, 10/9 -16
|noatzon kommenterar: |
Meren toolboxin' to victory! Leken närmar sig ett komplett stadium och det ända kvar är optimering och pimpning U.
The deck has pretty much reach it's optimal lace now. The real problem is a peculiar one - the deck is to good.
All games end after you stall and get out a Mana Reflection or Coffer combo and then cast Geneses Wave X=27 or something a few timers.
The inf combo that where put into the deck to help close out games faster and was deliberately made to be difficult to assemble now wins all games with ease.
No longer is the deck any fun to play against or with really. I'm currently debating with myself weather or not i should take ut Geneses Wave and the inf combo from the deck altogether and instead focus on what it was supposed to be - a super grindy toolbox deck that slowly wins the game. At it's current state the LD package is useless and never worth assembling.
This will most likely be the finished version of the Soul Serene, v.5.6. V.6 and forward will probably not have any inf combos or Wave - it's just too good a card.
* Massive pimp upgrade
* Temple of the Fasle God -> Scourge foil
* Urborg -> foil
* Sylvan Library (4th) -> Sylvan Library (Legends, eng)
* Exploration (C1) -> Exploration (Urza's Saga)
* Garruk, Relentless -> Sadistic Sacrament (he didn't do much & Sacrament is really important. It's also awkward drawing it when you have Wildspeaker out)
* Greenwarden -> Kokusho (Lifegain/second wincon!)
* Ensnaring Bridge (7th -> Stronghold
* Overgrown Tomb (RtR -> Ravnica)
* 1 Swamp -> Cavern of Souls (completing the anti-counterspell packet)
* 1 Treasure Keeper -> Greenwarden of Murasa (Keeper was in to test potential value. It kinda filled it's function but always felt more like a filler than anything useful.
Greenwarden has been in the deck before but was removed because of a philosophy of only having one of the same effect in the deck.
This has later been changed and i've felt for a long time that i need a backup Witness for redundancy and as a ensurance plan if they Exile my Graveyard.)
* I'm also looking to free up space for a couple of needed-to-semi-needed additions, mainly Sadistic Sacrament and it will most likely replace the poor Greenwarden again as i hope it will fix the whole Witness disappearing problem .P
Also looking to get in are Kokusho, the Evening Star as another way to keep myself alive when Bridge isn't enough. It also conveniently works as another wincon - yay!
I'm also debating whether or not Garruk, Apex Predator is worth. Possibly instead of Kokosho. Helps against PW:s, lifegain, creature removal and some more.
On a jankier note i'm thinking about jamming in the combo of Sporemound and Life and Limb in the deck for those times when everything is going to shit and i just feel like breaking the game C:
For those of you who don't get it, understandably, if you have both of them on the battlefield and make a and drop you create a loop that will go infinitive if noone breaks it,
There's a few more cards on the radar mainly Sheoldred, additional Meren. But that's most of em.
* Strip Mine (4th Ed) -> Strip Mine (Antiquities, V.3)
* Death Cloud MM13 foil upgrade
* Sol Ring -> Sol Ring (Alt Art: <a href="http://imgur.com/a/mBSMn">http://imgur.com/a/mBSMn</a>)
* It That Betrays #24436 -> Treasure Keeper (It never really did much on it's own. Trying Keeper for potential value)
* 1 Nissa, Vital Force #38806 -> Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed #28077 (W/ Wildspeaker Nissa wasn't really doing much. Trying Xiahou for the slot. He can return things like nissa but is also a creature who can sac itself)
* Deadbridge Chant -> Exploration (With Wildspeaker and also LD subtheme Exploration should do a nice job with helping me crush the OPPs lands and also get back my own effectually. The Mul Daya gas also proven so good that an additional copy-ish seemed good. Happy with it so far. The few times i did play Deadbride it just didn't do enough and i never tutored for it.)
* 1 Swamp for (Dustbowl)/Boseiju, Who Shelters All #14620 (Dustbowl was in the deck for a very short amount of time but was quickly replaced bu Boseiju. Turns out strp Mine and a few "additional lands" cards was enough LD. Boseiju also covered up a blind spot the deck had - counterspells. My local meta haven't had any real control decks so when one actually emerged Meren proved... difficult to play. Buseiju immediately fixed this problem.)
*Foil Woodland Cemetery
* Life from the Loam -> MM13 foil upgrade
* 6 of 7 Forests are the MPS Lorwyn art. (SVM wouldn't let me do that tho)¨
* Doubling Cube -> Garruk Wildspeaker (with the Coffers/Urborg combo this just makes more sence. DC was just klunky on muliple levels)
* Animate Dead -> Garruk, Relentless (Animate often was just a oneshot Meren trigger. I want more of my deck, things should be easier to reuse. Garruk works as semi creature removal. But he is primarily there was his fipside and the pseudo-pod ability. e is currently heavily debatable and will be on the watchlist for awhile)
* Beseech the Queen -> Vampiric Tutor (I personally see it as a strict upgrade. I have Urborg in the deck but without it Beseech is just a pain to cast. Besides all i want to search for is almost always instants)
* 1 Forest -> Gaea's Cradle
* Ensnaring Bridge - is here to stay.Meren is not fast to say the least and Bridge buys you alot of time.
* Foil upgrade
* Okina -> Cabal Coffers (Okina never was anything more than another green source Sakura didn't fetch for. The second ability was NEVER used. Strict upgrade really)
* Acidic Slime (M13-> FNM Promo)
* Foil upgrades
* Defense of the Heart -> Ensnaring Bridge (Likely Change/ defensive tweak. Defense does stop the OPPS from playing creatures most of the time. But it doesn't really handle the once already on the battlefield. Most of the time it just sits there uselessly and draws alot of hate.)
* Curcible -> Crucible (5D -> Invention)
* Solemn - Nissa (Permanent upgrade. Solemn is fine but i have Sakura & CO that does everything it does but better. Nissa also looks sweet and i want to see what she can do!)
* Aetherworks - Wurmcoil (Not impactful enough, trying more lifegain/fatties to stay alive)
* Mutilate - Damnation (strict upgrade)
* 1 Forest - Verdant Catacomb
* 1 Swamp - Bayou
* Solemn Simulacrum - Nissa (Experiment//upgrade)
* Expedition Map - Crop Rotation (Strict upgrade)
* Smothering Abomination - Aetherworks Marvel (Trying out new things)
* Signet - Sol Ring (Strict upgrade. Going more on the Muliplayer route which the deck was intended for to begin with)
The following cards are in foil:
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Life from the Loam
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Most of the Swamps (BFZ)
Temple of the False God
The following cards are altered:
* Sol Ring [http://imgur.com/a/mBSMn]
The following cards are in another language:
1 Volrath's Stronghold (F/T.Kin)
1 Phyrexian Tower (F/T.Kin)
|Kategori: Turneringsspel |
|Format: EDHStorlek: 93 kort |